Accessing Windows instance
Windows host system allows RDP access allowed for the
Administrators group. By default there are two users in this group:
- Admin - the password for this account is defined by
admin_passOpenStack instance metadata, if no value is entered for this key, a random password is generated. (could be used for orchestration).
- Administrator - the password must be filled after instantiation of the system.
The next step is to create a security group, that will allow access to a port
3389 (RDP protocol) for the instance.
We recommend disabling those accounts, creating new ones to administer Windows instances in any production environment.
- We are not currently supporting Windows licensing. License responsibility for Windows is entirely up to the user.
- You may use all features of cloudbase-init for Windows.
- Windows Server hardening guidelines.